U3A Port Sorell exists to facilitate knowledge sharing and lifetime learning for those in the so called "Third Age", the first age being childhood and the second age being the working and family rearing portion of our lives. Some of our guiding principles include:
- Making classes and activities accessible and affordable to anyone in the Third Age
- Providing a wide range of courses to appeal to a broad range of interests and backgrounds
- Harvesting the enormous bank of knowledge, skills and experiences in our senior community.
- Encouraging and supporting member participation and engagement
- Effectively utilising volunteer resources to sustain, grow and improve our U3A